using Oracle's JDBC driver

From: Anne Kwong <akwong_at_leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 1998/12/11

Hi,

        I am newbie to Oracle and I am trying to setup a JDBC connection with the oracle database. Could anyone give me any information how to do
that? I downloaded the Oracle JDBC driver from the oracle web site and when I try the following program, I get error that says:

The dynamic link library ORA73.dll could not be found in the specified path.

G:\epgy>java test

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no oci73jdbc in shared library path

        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Compiled Code)
        at oracle.jdbc.oci7.OCIDBAccess.logon(OCIDBAccess.java:138)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:93)
        at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:146)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Compiled Code)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:126)
        at test.main(Compiled Code)

The sample program that I write is :
import java.sql.*;

class test{
  public static void main (String args []) throws SQLException {
// Load Oracle driver

    DriverManager.registerDriver (new oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver());

// Connect to the local database

    Connection conn =
      DriverManager.getConnection ("jdbc:oracle:oci7:@epgy", "oraserver", "oraserver");

// Query the employee names

    Statement stmt = conn.createStatement ();     ResultSet rset = stmt.executeQuery ("select ename from emp");

      // Print the name out
    while (rset.next ())
      System.out.println (rset.getString (1));   }
}

Anne Kwong Received on Fri Dec 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST