Re: Running an executable from a trigger

From: Power User <david.swanson_at_sprintranet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:56:22 GMT

The only way I've ever seen this done is VIA the dbms_pipe package...

You would write your PL/SQL procedure to insert a value into a specific pipe in the oracle database and then have a program probably running in the background on your NT machine that monitors the Oracle pipe and when it gets a message in the pipe, acts on it... One of the actions could be to execute an external program...

Oracle itself does not seem to have this sort of functionality built into the database...