Reports 2.5: getting available printers

From: Steven C. Kondolf <skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 00:26:25 GMT

I'm building a reports 2.5 program that I want to call from a forms 4.5 form in asynchronous batch mode. This will be run on a Windows95 pc.

I want to be able to pick a printer as part of the printing process and pass this info to the report via the DESNAME parameter. The application requires much repetitive printing requests and I don't want to slow the user down by popping up the runtime parameter form each time the report is chosen.

Since batch mode doesn't pop up any window allowing me to choose the printer, is there a way I can get the list of available printers defined on the pc I'm running the report on so I can pass this info?

Thanks.
Steve
skondolf_at_hatespam.frontiernet.net
skondolf_at_hatespam.compuserve.com