Re: JInitiator / Oracle JVM - Web Deployment

From: Bill Angel <wtangel_at_chele.cais.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 20:41:52 GMT

In article <73hd1h$38i$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>, <cary_at_nams.net> wrote:
>We are testing deployment of Forms over the Web using JInitiator...
> ... and the Forms server/listener provided with
>Developer Server v2.1. ....I don't think that JInitiator makes the java
>client applet download any faster. JInitiator DOES perform caching of
>JARs, however, which improves the Form performance.

 Any feel for how Form performance utilizing JInitiator compares with performance utilizing Netscape's Navigator?

 If JInitiator performs caching of JARS, does that caching last only for the current session? If the user exits the Browser, and later on starts a new Forms session, is JInitiator configured to utilize the JARS that had been downloaded previously from that Webserver? Or must the JARS again be downloaded?

 Thanks for any info,