SQL Update question

From: Rich D <rdolan_at_fraingroup.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:16:50 -0600

I am trying to update a column in a table, and I am using a subquery since the criteria involves a join.

TableA
  key
  name
  value1

TableB
  key
  tableakey
  value2

Here is my SQL statement:

update tablea set value1 = 'XXX' where tablea.key in (select tableb.tableakey from tablea, tableb where tablea.key = tableb.tableakey and
value2 = 'ZZZ'

My update of tableA depends on a value in a column in tableB. There will be multiple records in tableB that meet the criteria.

Am I on the right track? It's not working (SQL error - ORA-00936 missing expression).

Thanks for any help,

Rich Dolan Received on Thu Dec 10 1998 - 11:16:50 CST