Programming for Oracle without Oracle's libraries

From: Gerd Dauenhauer <gdauen_at_cosy.sbg.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:12:11 +0100

Hi,
does anyone know how to use the Oracle 8.0.x database without having the oracle libraries? Is the Protocol specified somewhere, so I can simply use a TCP/IP-socket connection?

Why would i want to do this?
I'm a C-programmer, using an unsupported platform, i.e. the Macintosh :-(

Thanks,
Gerd

| Gerd Dauenhauer |
| Lechner-Siedlung 4 |