CREATE TABLE in stored procedure

From: Sven Heins <Heins.Sven_at_solution42.de>
Date: 1998/12/09

Hi,

I'd like to create a table in a package or stored procedure with dynamic SQL using DBMS_SQL package.

Problem:
I have rights to create a table and I can use the coding in an anonymous PL/SQL block (with the same USER connected to the database) but I can't execute a procedure with this coding successfully. The owner of the procedure is the same USER and the execution of the procedure is made with this USER but I have still right problems!!!

What is wrong???

Here's the coding:

   nCursor := DBMS_SQL.OPEN_CURSOR;
   cStatement := 'create table s_dummy (ID number NOT NULL, NAME VARCHAR2(50) ) ' ||

                 'tablespace TBSPACE_TEST (initial 1 M next 100 K )';
   DBMS_SQL.PARSE(nCursor , cStatement, dbms_sql.native);    DBMS_SQL.CLOSE_CURSOR(nCursor);

Thanks for any help!

Sven Heins

solution42 IT systems & consulting Gmbh & Co KG Ernst-Abbe-Str. 10
25451 Quickborn / Germany

Tel: +49 4106 768165
Fax: +49 4106 768199
Email: Heins.Sven_at_solution42.de