Re: Oracle Mailing List

From: Idwi <idwi_at_softhome.net>
Date: 1998/12/09

May I know what are those mailing list ? And where can we find the information of any mailing list especially about Oracle ? I need an Oracle Financial Mailing List, but I didn't find it so far. The problem I've experienced in the newsgroup is the reply is so slow, can take many days. I've subscribed to Oracle Developer mailing list, there the reply is quick, everybody gives answer if they know the answer. And about the archives, dejanews can only be read from web browser, right ? how if I don't have Internet access ? With mailing list we can archive everything we like and discard the unneeded ones.

Just my opinion from my experience :-)

Babette Turner-Underwood wrote in message ...

    There are already many Oracle mailing lists.     Why do you want to start a new one?

    In a perfect world there would be NO mailing lists     and everyone would use the newsgroups. That way,     we can ALL benefit from each others experiences.

    Also, the newsgroups often get archived in places     such as dejanews so that people can look up past     articles. I have never heard of anything similar for     the mailing lists.

    Just my opinion.

    Babette Turner-Underwood, TMI Communications     babettet_at_tmi.ca.NOSPAM (remove appropriate part to e-mail me)     Kenneth Lau wrote in message <3668CB13.7FED13E6_at_bigfoot.com>...

        PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THIS GREAT EMAIL LIST!
        To subscribe, send a blank email to
OracleMailingList-subscribe_at_onelist.com

        To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
OracleMailingList-unsubscribe_at_onelist.com

        You could find any other commands at www.onelist.com and find a
list named
        OracleMailingList