Re: Perl, ORacle & Linux

From: Jeremy Simmons <jeremys_at_piocon.com>
Date: 1998/12/09

It is a simple process, you need Oracle SQL*NET setup on both machines (This is distributed with the Oracle 8.05 for Linux). The NT machine should be running the SQL*NET server with the TNS Listener process running. On the Linux machine setup SQL*NET client (once installed you can test the connection with the TNSPING utility). Then make a version of perl for the Linux box that includes the OraPerl libraries. Follow the OraPerl API to write your code and you will be able to access any Oracle Database you setup.

Unfortunately, this does require some fairly in-depth Oracle experience.