Long column to store >2k text?

From: Stephen Clarke <stephen.ctr.clarke_at_faa.dot.gov>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 13:22:42 -0500

Hi!

Can anyone advise us on how best to store more than 2K characters of text. We are daisy-chaining VARCHAR2s right now. How about using a long column - is it feasible? How about memory considerations? We know there are limits on the use of a long column.

Can anyone discuss our options in a general sense?

TIA, Stephen Clarke Received on Wed Dec 09 1998 - 12:22:42 CST