Re: HELP with Error ORA-03113

From: <satar_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 17:20:33 GMT

Here is what I found in my Documentation: gnat% oerr tns 12206
12206, 00000, "TNS:received a TNS error during navigation"

// *Cause: Internal navigation error because of an unexpected TNS error.
// *Action: Look at the log file to find the TNS error. If necessary, turn
// on tracing and repeat the operation.
gnat% oerr tns 12545
12545, 00000, "Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"
// *Cause: The address specified is not valid, or the program being
// connected to does not exist.
// *Action: Ensure the ADDRESS parameters have been entered correctly; the
// most likely incorrect parameter is the node name.  Ensure that the
// executable for the server exists (perhaps "oracle" is missing.)

	ORA-03113	end-of-file on communication channel

 Cause: An unexpected end-of-file was processed on the communication channel. The problem could not be handled by the SQL*Net, two task, software. This message could occur if the shadow two-task process associated with a SQL*Net connect has terminated abnormally, or if there is a physical failure of the interprocess communication vehicle, that is, the network or server machine went down.

 Action: If this message occurs during a connection attempt, check the setup files for the appropriate SQL*Net driver and confirm SQL*Net software is correctly installed on the server. If the message occurs after a connection is well established, and the error is not due to a physical failure, check if a trace file was generated on the server at failure time. Existence of a trace file may suggest an Oracle internal error that requires the assistance of customer support.

In article <366DB847.58E112FA_at_NexusTechnology.com>,   Daniel Fluet <Daniel.Fluet_at_NexusTechnology.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error in the middle of my code while I am
> inserting rows into a database. Does anybody know what this means and
> how it can be avoided. Also when I get this error the followinf prints
> in a file called sqlnet.log

> Fatal OSN connect error 12545, connecting to:

(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)(PROGRAM=/usr/local/oracle/product/7.3.2/bin /oracle)(ARGV0=oracle)(ARGS='(DESCRIPTION=(LO

CAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))')(DETACH=NO))(CONNECT_DATA=(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOS T=svdw1046)(USER=ccms))))

> VERSION INFORMATION:
> TNS for Solaris: Version 2.3.2.1.0 - Production
> Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for Solaris: Version
> 2.3.2.1.0 - Production
> Time: 08-DEC-98 18:30:02
> Tracing not turned on.
> Tns error struct:
> nr err code: 12206
> TNS-12206: TNS:received a TNS error during navigation
> ns main err code: 12545
> TNS-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not
> exist
> ns secondary err code: 12560
> nt main err code: 515
> TNS-00515: Connect failed because target host or object does not
> exist
> nt secondary err code: 2
> nt OS err code: 0

Satar Naghshineh