Re: Novell 5 and Oracle 8?

From: Piquet <PiquetRemoveThisToReply_at_bigpond.com>
Date: 1998/12/08

Daniel wrote:

> Make sure that the server has at least a read/write replica of the master
> [root] partition...

It does. It is the only server on the network. Am still trying.

> All the docs are online...

Yeah, the Oracle documentation is fine, the Netware stuff is a little sparse.... But try to find a decent book on the subject?? I can find heaps for NT, and Unix, but Netware. Erk.

> What is the problem with the int agent ???

I think that I have the agent working correctly on the server. It says that it is loaded. On the client PC, I get either a winsock error 10110, or it cannot be found. It may be a client problem, I just don't know. The online documentation has no reference to the error condition. We run Netware 5.0 and Windows NT4. SP4. Currently, it is only a test platform. Our database is on Access. ERK!

> Who did you approach for install assistance ???

Oracle Install assistance. The information came from a Novell Support document. It was on the website, and the reply had no names.