Personal Oracle Lite V3.5

From: <ABOUCHER_at_DRC.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 15:34:45 GMT

I downloaded the trial version of Oracle Lite 3.5, installed it and was able to query the demo POLITE database provided using the Oracle8 Navigator. Then I downloaded and successfully installed JDK1.1.7A. I updated my AUTOEXEC.BAT to include the appropriate CLASSPATH's for both JDK and Oracle Lite 3.5. But now when I try to query to POLITE database or try to create a new database, the Oracle8 Navigator hangs. Task list says "not responding". I cannot connect to the database using SQLPLUS either. Any suggestions?

Is there a START command provided by Oracle Lite or something similar to start the database before connecting and querying?

Thanks,
Alan