Re: Problems running Oracle WebServer 3.0.2 under HP UX 11.0

From: Brian Lavender <brian_at_brie.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 07:17:40 GMT

Have you thought about using Apache and PERL's DBI/DBD

I have a database demo to a mSQL server. I set up an interface to Oracle at my work, but no demo yet.

I have not experienced the Oracle web server, but I have a few years experience with PERL and Apache and I know you won't go wrong.

http://www.brie.com/coinduperl/
http://www.perl.com/

brian

On Fri, 04 Dec 1998 11:19:18 GMT, t.reuter_at_deutschepost.de wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>we experience a problem running the Oracle WebServer 3.0.2 with the database
>Oracle 8.0.5 under HP UX 11.0. During operation, the /tmp directory is filled
>up (we don't know exactly by whom (RDBMS or webserver), resulting in a
>slowing down and finally stop of the WebServer operation. If we extend the
>size of /tmp, operation resumes until the /tmp is filled again. It seems that
>the temporary files are not properly deleted.
>
>We found out that Oracle has not certified the WebServer 3.0.2 for the 64bit
>OS HP UX 11 (although the installation guide says it's suitable for 10.20 or
>higher). We also know that there are a lot of patches for HP UX 11.0 that we
>are not sure whether we got all of them installed.
>
>We are clueless at this time, 'cause we don't know the cause of the problem
>(the WebServer ? the database ? the OS ?).
>
>Could anybody give us a hint ??
>
>Thanks
>
>Tim and Ingo

Brian E. Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"For every complex problem, there is
a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong." -- H. L. Mencken Received on Tue Dec 08 1998 - 01:17:40 CST