Help with Varchar2

From: Rob Kraft <robkraft_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:01:34 -0600

We are having trouble reading data from a VARCHAR2 datatype into a C++ program. The problem only occurs when the table is joined! For example, the code as follows works:
Select columnname from table1

And this code does not:
Select columnname from table1, table2 where table1.id = table2.id

Our SQL works correctly in SQLPlus, but when we run the query in our program, if we have a join in the SQL, the program blows up retrieving the varchar2 field. (the program works fine if we do not join in the query).

We are using Microsoft Visual C++ 5.0 and the CdbRecordset class. Oracle 8 is running on NT Server.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Kraft
rkraft_at_gbutler.com Received on Mon Dec 07 1998 - 08:01:34 CST