Re: Need To Dummy-Down Oracle

From: Doug Stone <dstone_at_res-q.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 08:41:40 -0800

Van Messner wrote in message ...
>Both the two prior answers are right. Make sure you've set the proper
>columns as updateable and if you place your own SQL into the datawindow SQL
>painter you will have to qualify your columns with the table names (and use
>double quotes and a bunch of other dumb PB stuff).

Van, thanks for the feedback. I'm confused. This project was specified in two parts. In first part of the project, about 75 SQLA tables were reverse engineered from Sybase SQLA and forward engineered to Oracle--no problem.

This second phase included a section that two consultant's had been working. They changed some of the table specifications. Oracle complained when i tried to F/E the tables.

I changed the RI so Oracle would not complain. Now, it seems, that the DWs that were happy with the SQLA tables are not happy with the new RI specified in the Oracle DDL.

To my knowledge, none of our table identifiers are within quotes; we do qualify with table name. Received on Sun Dec 06 1998 - 10:41:40 CST