Re: Need To Dummy-Down Oracle

From: Barbara Kennedy <barbken_at_teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 18:46:35 GMT

Not sure I understand what you mean. You can have a table called employee with a column called emp_id and you can have another table called address which also has a column called emp_id. Not an unusual thing at all. If Powerbuilder does not like that (I am not real familiar with Powerbuilder) you should be able to build a view of one of the tables and rename the column in the view:
create or replace view employee2 as select emp_id empl_emp_id from employee; If Powerbuilder requires globally unique column names (that seems like an unusual requirement)
Jim