Problems running Oracle WebServer 3.0.2 under HP UX 11.0

From: <t.reuter_at_deutschepost.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 11:19:18 GMT

Hi everybody,

we experience a problem running the Oracle WebServer 3.0.2 with the database Oracle 8.0.5 under HP UX 11.0. During operation, the /tmp directory is filled up (we don't know exactly by whom (RDBMS or webserver), resulting in a slowing down and finally stop of the WebServer operation. If we extend the size of /tmp, operation resumes until the /tmp is filled again. It seems that the temporary files are not properly deleted.

We found out that Oracle has not certified the WebServer 3.0.2 for the 64bit OS HP UX 11 (although the installation guide says it's suitable for 10.20 or higher). We also know that there are a lot of patches for HP UX 11.0 that we are not sure whether we got all of them installed.

We are clueless at this time, 'cause we don't know the cause of the problem (the WebServer ? the database ? the OS ?).

Could anybody give us a hint ??

Thanks

Tim and Ingo