Re: Export to a ascii, tab delimited file

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne_at_news.hex.net>
Date: 1998/12/03

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 19:21:56 +0100, Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl> wrote:
>John P. Higgins wrote
>> SAP is coded in ABAP/4.
>
>Really? I've always thought that ABAP/4 for SAP is like Visual Basic
>for MS Word: a way to write additional code for your application.

The SAP "kernel" is written in some combination of C/C++, but this effectively represents a "bootstrap" or a "base." The vast majority of the remainder of the system, and *all* of the functionality that people actually see, is indeed written in ABAP/4.

It would be comparable to Visual BASIC for Microsoft applications *if* Microsoft used a "kernel" to run VB, and then wrote everything else in VB atop that kernel. That's not the case, so they're not like in the fashion you thought.

--
"The chat program is in public domain. This is not the GNU public
license. If it breaks then you get to keep both pieces."