Re: Advice Please

From: Robin Quasebarth <robinq_at_data-pointnospam.com>
Date: 1998/12/03

Don't forget a CASE Methodology class and a Data Modeling class. I know Oracle folks are in incredible demand so you might get lucky coming in as a apprentice or something but DBA responsibility is an awesome task and I wouldn't want to be at the helm if I didn't totally understand RDBMS and Oracle.

You might have luck at a University that is an Oracle shop where they pay about 1/2 to 1/3 as much as market but ususally will pay from training once you are in. That is where I started but I had a strong background in other types of databases and application development. I stayed 3 years in that group before I could fly solo. rq