Re: OCI Call Inteface Problem (OCILobFileGetName)

From: <mgogala_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 19:00:20 GMT

In article <746dec$44u$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>,   chris_highfield_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I have been using various parts of the Oracle Call Interface to retreive
> external LOB data from an Oracle database. The application has been working
> successfully apart from the OCILobFileGetName function which when called
> returns the following error:
>
> "OCI-21560 Argument 3 is null, invalid or out of range"
>
> Argument 3 is the lob locator which must be correct as all other OCI calls
> using it work correctly (OCILobGetLength, OCILobRead etc). The function call
> used in my code is below:
>
> OCILobFileGetName(envhp,
> erhp,
> loblochp,
> dir_alias,
> &d_length,
> (text *) pFileName,
> &f_length )
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris - chris_highfield_at_hotmail.com

There are several possibilities:

a) Your version of Oracle has a bug.
b) Your file name pointer is NULL, because of a program error.
c) Another parameter is in error (dir_alias looks suspicious to me)
d) OCILobLocator that is passed to the program unit actually points

   to an internal LOB and not to a file. Did you allocate lob locator    by using OCI_DTYPE_FILE or OCI_DTYPE_LOB? Regards,
Mladen Gogala

--
Mladen Gogala