SQL-puzzle

From: Steinar Nyberg <sn2_at_storebrand.no>
Date: 3 Dec 1998 10:36:00 GMT

I have to tables.

Table Totals :
week_num, product_num, service_num, solved_num

This table allready contains the total number of cases called in to the help-desk for a all combinations of products and services for each week. The column solved_num is empty

Table Case :
opened_dat, product_num, service_num, solved_bln

This table contains one row for each case called in to the help-desk.

My problem :
For each week I want to count the number of solved cases for each combination of product and service (from the Case-table). This result I'll insert in the Totals-table, in the correct row (the product+ service combination must correspond to prod. + service from the Case-table)

How do I solve this problem, using a single SQL-string ?

Thank you !

Steinar Received on Thu Dec 03 1998 - 04:36:00 CST