Re: SQL question - rownum related

From: Alan D. Mills <alanm_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 11:17:05 -0000

Ok, you now have a solution. However, I'm wondering why you want to do this. It looks, to me, like the ROWNUM value you're retrieving is going to be used as the primary key in your new table. If so then what does it matter if they are not in order. As soon as you add a new one with the next number the chances are that they will be out of sequence anyway, unless the new city start with a 'Z' or something.

--
Alan D. Mills