Re: Query on multiple tablespace

From: Piotr Kolodziej <pkol_at_otago.gda.pl>
Date: 1998/12/02

Isabelle Fernandez wrote in message <36653E1B.8A42AA18_at_focus-fr.com>...
>Hi !

Hi !

> SELECT Images.Name, Images.BinaryEntry, Binaries.Flag
> FROM Images, Binaries
> WHERE Images.BinaryEntry = Binaries.Identifier
> AND Images.Identifier = 10
>
>This query is very very long to execute.

If I may advise you, try to get the execution plan of this query and some statistics.
The simplier way would be connecting to the database via SQL*Plus, setting autotrace on (SQL*Plus 3.3 or above) and executing your query. After performing that you should get the execution plan and statistics. This info may point out what the problem is.

Regards,
Piotr Kolodziej
pkol_at_otago.gda.pl Received on Wed Dec 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST