A beginner's question

From: <raghu_at_transwld.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 20:04:17 GMT

I am an Oracle Apps functional consultant. I need to pick up the technical side of the application. I need to learn the ORacle Database, PL/SQL programming and D2K. I do not find the time to sit through a formal classroom training program. However, i am quite intelligent and perceptive enough to be able to pick up stuff from books. I have bought the following books:

ORacle8- The complete reference-George Koch and Kevin Loney(Oracle Press) Teach Yourself PL/SQL in 21 days-Tom Leurs Oracle8 PL/SQL Programming- Scott Urman (Oracle Press)

I think i shall pick up a D2K book when i am finished with the above. Any suggestions for a good D2K book?

Can someone suggest an appropriate methodology to learn all the above in rapid time, say 2 months. I am prepared to burn the candle to achieve my goal.

Thanks

Raghu