Re: Stop/Start Oracle 7.3 on NT from remote NT machine

From: Dad <caveman_at_heart.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 21:40:25 -0600

Check your tnsnames.ora file in your c:\ orant\network\administration directory. It must be present for your machine to find the oracle database. Your script has to tell it what instance (SID) to connect to. Your server and your remote machines must both have distinct tcp/ip addresses and the server's tcp/ip address needs to be defined in the listener.ora file in the orant\network\administration directory on the server. There are example files installed automatically in the before mentioned directories. Good luck.