Re: Wild_Numbers!

From: Neil Hulin <nospam_at_*NOSPAM*litech.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 18:27:27 -0000

Without really understanding exactly what you want, may I suggest that you look at TRANSLATE to eliminate the non-numeric component and then check the length of what is left to see if it is greater than zero. Alternatively, if you want to ensure that the entire field is numeric then the translated length should still equal the original length. It's not exactly a wildcard search as you describe but you may be able to achieve the same functionality. Hey, if this gets you out of a hole, save some turkey for me.

--
...neil {actually: neil [dot] hulin [at] litech [dot] freeserve [dot] co [dot] uk} Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 12:27:27 CST