Re: Oracle V8.0.3 with Windows 98

From: Peter Lawlor <plawlor_at_deltaware.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:54:37 -0400

In reference to the below explaination that this configuration does not work with Windows 95/98 --

We have run this exact config with the 8.0.3 client on a Windows 95 since 8.0.3 was released and have not had any problems. However, when we moved to Windows 98, we experienced the same problems identified below by Mark Hartigan.

I found an explaination on the Oracle Canada support bug database. It is PCR number 619813 and blames the winsock 2 support featured in Windows 98. It talks of a patch being required for both 8.0.3 and 8.0.4 to allow SQLPLUS to work properly with winsock 2 (Win 98), but I cannot find this patch. Does anyone know where it is or if it exists?

Peter Lawlor
plawlor_at_deltaware.com
DeltaWare Systems Inc. Received on Tue Dec 01 1998 - 13:54:37 CST