Oracle 7.3 to Oracle 8 migration

From: Nathaniel Brown <nbrown_at_epnet.com>
Date: 1998/11/30

Can anyone provide some tips on what to be aware of in trying to migrate an Oracle instance from 7.3 to 8.x. Our application includes:

73 tables
6 packages
4 procedures
2 functions
many triggers

interface to the instance is via Visual FoxPro 5.0 applications, as well as a handful of C++ interfaces. ODBC layer is either Intersolv (DataDirect Series 2.12 32-BIT Oracle7) or Microsoft for Oracle (2.00.006325).

If anyone has had any experience with this type of conversion and can offer advice or a 'checklist' of things to be aware of, I would be most appreciative. Thanks a lot... Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 00:00:00 CST