Re: Upload-Problem with Oracle Webserver 2.1

From: <bonanos_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/11/30

Hi

> Some days ago I posted my upload-problem but there was no answer.
> Now this problem has becom very high priority and I need a solution in
> the next few days. Here the problem again:
>
> I'm trying to upload files to a server trough the Oracle Webserver 2.1
> (OWS21) (into normal files, not into the Oracle database). On the server
> a Perl-Script receives the data what works well for small files (up to
> 8 MB). If I try to upload larger files an error message (network error)
> from the Browser (e.g. Netscape) occurs after starting the upload. It
> seems to be the OWS21 who cuts the connection at this time. I tested the
> Perl-Script which works well for all filesizes on other webservers
> (apache).

You will not be able to use owa2.1 to upload a file as it the pl/sql cartridge does not support the encoding type. I think OAS 4 is the one that has the support for this feature.

I use the Apache web server for this functionality. and integrate the web pages from apache with my oracle ones so it looks like it is all one site.

Regards