update multi column

From: Chris Eastwood <c.undieseastwood_at_gu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:09:21 GMT

HiYa

I have 2 tables, A is data, and B is fixed data. I wanted to update more than one colum of table A with a corresponding row's information from B.

there is only 1 key.

I can't quite figure how to do it damnit its late and I'm fed up! :-)

IE something like

update A
set IDN = (select idn from B where A.key = B.key) where A.key = B.key

. god I know that's wrong! :-)

anyway, hope I at least gave someone a laugh, maybe I'll figgure it out!

See ya in the morning!

:-)

See Ya
(when bandwidth gets better ;-)

Chris Eastwood

Photographer, Programmer               email    ua.ude.ug.cti_at_doowtsae.c
Motorcyclist and dingbat               WWW   http://chrise.itc.gu.edu.au

please remove undies for reply

Ohhh ... you work all day, slave over a hot stove all night  yet you *still* have time for sadomasochism ... how do you do it?

A little man hurts me.

<ding>

    Oh Mister Mean ... Oh Mister Mean
    15 Minutes with him and you'll be blue and green     Studded belts and leather whips
    Bondage trousers on his hips
    Wack and punish as you dust with Mister Mean   Ohhhh he whips me around the house in minutes ... lets get cracking ... Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 04:09:21 CST