SQL - Selecting top n rows

From: John Wells <John.Wells_at_nospam.comev.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:42:15 -0000

Help! I've got limited SQL knowledge, and need to get the top n rows of a query. In MS Access (bleargh!) it's easy:

SELECT TOP n name, age
FROM person
ORDER BY age DESC;

But from what I can see, Oracle has no 'TOP' (non-standard?).

So, is there an easy way to do this on Oracle?

John
John_at_well5.freeserve.co.uk Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 14:42:15 CST