Re: Oracle users...

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:49:50 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Ellen Chiem <ellen_at_nettrack.com.au> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:21:15 +1100, you wrote:

>Hi Jeremy,
>Thanks for your prompt response. If that is the case, then how can you
>explain why only one session is active at any one time?. Most of the user are
>only do select statment, insert or update.
>
>:-) ellen

are they all hitting the 'go' button at the same time? They will only show active for the instant they are active -- an insert for example typically happens so fast, you might never see the 'active' status for that user.

Start up a couple of sessions and run A select that takes a long time to execute in each session -- they will all be active then.

>Jeremy Russell wrote:

[snip]

>> >Ellen Chiem

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 09:49:50 CST