AddTable method with OO4O

From: <mark.panarusky_at_alliedsignal.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:42:09 GMT

Has anyone successfully used the AddTable method with Oracle Objects for OLE (OO4O)?

I am trying to pass a PL/SQL table to VB5 as a parameter, but keep getting "ORA-06512 SQL Execution Error". The stored procedure works fine within the Oracle environment. Also, the same procedure works if I remove the table from the parameter list.

A partial VB code snippet:

    OraDatabase.Parameters.AddTable "sampleIDtable", ORAPARM_OUTPUT, ORATYPE_NUMBER, 50
    Set OraPArray1 = OraDatabase.Parameters("sampleIDtable")

   SQLstring = "BEGIN ops$mclims.get_denier_results(" & _

        merge & "," & machine & "," & sideNumber & "," & doff & _
        ",:submission_id,:submitter,:sampleIDtable,:return_status); END;"
    OraDatabase.ExecuteSQL (SQLstring)

The stored procedure header is:

Procedure GET_DENIER_RESULTS

   (merge IN NUMBER,
   machine IN NUMBER,
   side IN NUMBER,
   doff IN NUMBER,
   submission_id OUT NUMBER,
   submitter OUT VARCHAR2,
   sampleid OUT VB_TABLE_DECLARATIONS.LIMS_ID_TABLETYPE,    return_status OUT NUMBER)

Thank you.

Mark Panarusky