Auto/Incrementing number?? Beginner needs help!

From: Dan Gibbons <Daniel.Gibbons_at_Sebank.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:12:49 -0000

Hi,

I have just been given an Oracle database (of which I know absolutly nothing about) and have a really simple task which I just can't do! All I need to do is create a table with an auto incrementing number field like in SQL or Access (which is very is to do!).

I have an Oracle users guide which mentions using a sequence. But where do I use a sequence? And how do I insert a new record into the table with it's unique auto number?

If someone could please tell me the anwser to this most simple question then I would be most greatful.

Thanks

Dan Received on Mon Nov 30 1998 - 08:12:49 CST