Help - Sys admin needs help with DBA role!!

From: <bikeruk_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 11:56:54 GMT

Hi,

First off, I'm a sys admin who has been tasked with a DBA task, so if I make a few mistakes, bear with me.

I have been asked to provide the following:

For all tables in a given schema, record the total number of records and the size in Mbs of each table. I have the SQL for the number of records as : select count (*) from <table name> and this seems to work, but how do I find out the other information. Also, how do I record this back to a unix text/ascii file for me to manipulate further.

I'm after some form of output that provides the following layout:

Date,TableName,Records,Size(Mb)

Regards,

Mark Smithers
msmithers_at_ndsuk.com