Re: Help: ERROR ORA01002: Fetch out of sequence.

From: Peter Schneider <pschneider_at_knuut.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 00:49:13 GMT

Abraham Zhang <azhan_at_acs.ucalgary.ca> wrote:

>I wrote a PL/SQL block dealing with the cursor stuff via sqlplus. It
>works only good for the first 3 or 5 times, and then it hit 'ERROR
>ORA01002: Fetch out of sequence.' error. If any person could help me
>out. Thanks a lot.

Hi Abraham,

do you perform a commit in a cursor loop where the cursor is 'FOR UPDATE' ? This won't work; when you commit, the cursor looses its result set. BTW, even if the cursor is not for update, it is not a good idea to commit inside the loop because this has the danger of hitting the 'ORA-1555 Snapshot too old' problem.

HTH,
Peter

(Posted&Mailed)

--
Peter Schneider
pschneider_at_knuut.de Received on Fri Nov 27 1998 - 18:49:13 CST