HELP: some characters retrieved by JDBC are wrong (and all same: 65533)

From: Jochen Riekhof <jriekhof_at_milchstrasse.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 14:48:29 +0100

Hi...

I am reading out our database with JDBC-7. Most characters are ok, e.g. german umlauts, but some , e.g. long dash are read as hex fffd. Moreover, all these chars are returnd as THE SAME value. In sqlplus all chars are ok. I read out the field as binaryStream and found a 3-byte UTF8 which encodes the same fffd value. So , a think that Oracle sends me this false values.

Can anyone help me out?

Ciao, and thanks,

...Jochen Riekhof

    (VGM-Online) Received on Fri Nov 27 1998 - 07:48:29 CST