Limited field-lengths in LOV's and Record Groups

From: Michael Ringbo <mri_at_dde-nospam.dk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 15:12:57 +0100

Hi All,

Somebody must have noticed this.

I have of course several items with attached LOV's returning lookup items as well as doing validation for the users input.

My problem is that I can't get the Designer to generate LOV's returning more than 30 characters in one item. When I use the LOV to populate a decription field in some Form, the value is truncated to 30 characters. Basically it's because the record group for the LOV has a columnwidth of

30.

How come. What went wrong.

I use Designer/2000 ver. 2.1 on RDBMS 8.0.4. The generated Forms are of version 5.0.6.8.

Regards, Michael Ringbo Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 08:12:57 CST