Re: Oracle8/NT VB5 Cursor Problem

From: Martin Friemann <m.friemann_at_delta-ii.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 13:30:28 +0100

What I use is:
 sTmp = "SELECT Count(*) AS Total FROM " + sFROM + " WHERE " + sWHERE

 sFROM, sWHERE are the parts of the original SQL statement.

We started a Software System with ORACLE V 7.3 then 8.03 then 8.0.4 then 8.0.4.4 . All the versions of ODBC have different bugs. Sometimes with the C++ programm and ODBC, sometimes with the VB program. (In VB 5.0 we also use the Connection object, DAO, ...)

This function above is not the fastest, but it works. I was TIRED to check whether some more sophisticated solution would work in each of the versions of this ODBC driver.

A main function returns the recordset and the number but first of all calls the function, that uses the code from above. Of course I have another function that does not count the number, but simply returns the number of records.

If you ever find anything about ODBC from ORACLE please let me know.

Ohh: "same code works against an Oracle 7 machine":   does it mean the client is the same, only the server is Version 7 ?

Martin

--

Dipl.- Ing. Martin Friemann
DELTA Industrie Informatik GmbH