Re: Problems with Oracle Developer 2000 2.1

From: <jonmead_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 09:37:34 GMT

In article <72vi4i$pio$1_at_nslave1.tin.it>,   "G.G." <gianpaw_at_tin.it> wrote:
> We have a problem with Oracle Developer 2000 ver.2.1, in particular with
> Report Builder /
> Runtime ver.3.0.5.8.0.
> We have compiled (generated .rep) some report connecting to an Oracle server
> 8.0.4 by sqlnet
> (server NT 4.0, language of Oracle server=English,language of Oracle
> Developer=English,Sid=B,
> Schema=Marte) and all reports work using the runtime connected with the same
> Oracle server of the
> compilation. But using the Runtime connected with other Oracle Servers (the
> same configuration
> of before but with different SIDS) they don't work: there aren't any Oracle
> errors
> but the actions of the background server report give this error message:
>
> REP-0002 Unable to retrieve a string from the report builder message file.
>
> If we compile again the reports with another Oracle server they work with
> this server but
> not with others (neither with that server which worked before).
>
> Looking forward to hearing you, best regards.
>
> Gianpaolo Giliberto - gianpaw_at_tin.it

Gianpaolo,

I have experienced exactly the same error that you have, I have spoken to Oracle Helpdesk and they were enable to resolve the issue. The best solution that i have found so far is to run the .rdf file. This is a bit slower as it has to compile it every time but a hell of a lot more reliable,

Jon