Long Raw / LOB in a Trigger

From: Kirk Cameron <cameron_at_bicnet.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:23:59 -0500

I need to create a trigger to perform application specific auditing on a

table containing a BLOB or a Long Raw column. I have tried both with little sucess.

Base table

t_item

id             number(10) not null PK
blobcol     blob

I have an insert/update trigger on T_ITEM that tries to do the following

insert into t_item_audit (id, blobcol, mod_dt) values(:new.id, :new.blobcol,sysdate);

When the trigger fires I get the following error:

ORA-22275: invalid LOB locator specified

I tried a similar approach with a LONG RAW but :new/:old bind variables are not supported for LONG RAW columns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk Received on Tue Nov 24 1998 - 17:23:59 CST