Re: HELP!!! How may I set primary keys?

From: <prochak_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:56:08 -0500

Matthias.nospamScheerer_at_usa.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got big problems with my Access Client to an oracle database. The
> solution seems to be to set primary keys in oracle for the relevant
> tables.
>
> Please send me an email removing the nospam.
> Thanks alot.
>
> Matthias

  This is a problem with ACCESS, not Oracle. ACCESS can still read tables that do not have
a primary key, but it will not perform updates or inserts without a primary key. If the table
really needs a key, have your DBA add one. Otherwise, when you link the table in ACCESS,
you get a prompt that lists the columns of the table and it asks you which columns are
part of the primary key. Just pick a set and you are in business.

go for it.

   ed Received on Tue Nov 24 1998 - 08:56:08 CST