Re: WebServer for two DB

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/11/23

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:06:45 +0200, Erbug Celebi <celebi_at_cs.deu.edu.tr> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have got two Oracle Ent. Server on NT and Solaris box for two separate
>DB.
>And I have got a Web Server, which is installed on Solaris box.
>My question is how can I use the Web server(installed on solaris), for
>the
>DB which is installed on NT box. or is it possible.

You can connect a WebServer to a remote database using SQL*Net/Net8. Thus, the WebServer would be acting like a SQL*Net client to the remote database.

Depending upon which version of the Oracle WebServer that you have, you will need to configure either a DCD (Database Connection Descriptor) or DAD (Database Access Descriptor). This is where you can specify the Oracle SID (if database is local to the WebServer) or the connect string/SQL*Net alias. In your case, you will need to have the SQL*Net/Net8 client software installed on the Solaris machine where your WebServer is. Additionally, you will need to configure the SQL*Net/Net8 files so that you can connect to the remote database server (database and database listener running on NT).

>Thanks in advance...
>
>Erbug

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com
jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Nov 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST