Trigger for inserting new primary keys in a table ... How ??

From: Jørgen Haukland <jorgen.hauikland_at_fou.telenor.no>
Date: 1998/11/23

Hello !

I picked this one from somewhere on the net, but it won'work for me. It is supposed to insert a new primary key when one enters a new value in my table (I get an error message on the n.fld_pk syntax) Here it is:

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER TRIGGER_PRIMARYKEY     BEFORE INSERT ON RANDI_MATING
    /* RANDI_MATING is my table name */
    REFERENCING NEW AS n
    FOR EACH ROW
DECLARE
    new_key INTEGER;
BEGIN
    SELECT test_id.NEXTVAL INTO new_key FROM DUAL;     /*test_id is my primaryke column*/
    :n.fld_pk := new_key;
END; I think maybe fld_pk refers to a package that I don't have. Any suggestions ??

-jh
NORWAY Received on Mon Nov 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST