Re: Oracle and MSVC++ question

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:42:26 GMT

You will need Pro*C from Oracle as a pre-complier...I believe it now comes in a product called Programmer2000...
For new apps, there are Oracle Objects that are VC++ compliant and there can be referenced and included in VC++ projects...( the product is Oracle Oblects for OLE ) Check out these at www.oracle.com/products

( Oracle Objects is available as a trial download for free )

Good Luck....

John Crawford <soma_at_shell.clark.net> wrote:

>I have some C programs with embedded SQL, running under Unix,
>that talk to an Oracle database (also under Unix). I now have
>to move the programs to a PC using MSVC++ 6.0. What do I need
>to make this work? Any information would be appreciated.
>
>I believe that I need SQL*NET, first, which comes from Oracle.
>Also, I presume that I need a pre-compiler for the embedded
>SQL. Does this also come from Oracle, or is it a MSVC++
>product? All I have right now is the on-line docs for MSVC++,
>and it's hard to tell from that. Thanks in advance.
>
>John Crawford. soma_at_clark.net

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Mon Nov 23 1998 - 14:42:26 CST