VB3 and Oracle HELP!!!

From: Dorian <Dorianthekiwi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:48:22 -0000

Hi there,

I have posted a few messages a couple of days ago, and got some very good replies. Unfortunately I have a couple of other questions:

  1. I had a database (Members) which was on a Oracle Server called UKProd. I got VB3 talking to this and retrieving records OK. Our DBA then moved the database to another server (UKTEST), which has other databases on it. One of these schemas is called BMMGR.

When VB3 tries to connect now, the OpenDatabase command works OK, but when I try to retrieve records, I get the error

"Cannot find table or query BMMGR.OPERATORS"

It should be talking to MEMBERS.OPERATORS. My DSN settings are OK, the Oracle ODBC test works fine, as does SQL Plus.

Any ideas?

2. Because its VB3, I am using DAO (Jet) to communicate with the Oracle database. Will I suffer from record locking problems which Jet is renowned for?

Any info greatly appreciated,

Dorianthekiwi_at_hotmail.com Received on Mon Nov 23 1998 - 03:48:22 CST