CONTEXT OPTION

From: Michael Mann <michmann_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:43:22 +0100

Hello !

Does anyone had any good/bad Experiences with Oracle Context Option ??? I have a LONG - type column in some tables of our DB and I have to query for substrings in this field. So one alternative is to use CONTEXT, but I have no experiences with it. One other alternative is to use a CLOB intead of the LONG type and using the DBMS_CLOB -package.

Please can you tell me some experiences with LONG, CLOB, CONTEXT, and searching in 40kB Text ???

Thanks

Michael Received on Sun Nov 22 1998 - 11:43:22 CST