Re: Forms - I want to understand

From: Alan D. Mills <alanm_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: 1998/11/20

Applications 10.4 was written in Oracle SQL*Forms Version 3.

Version up to V3 were character based, runnign on whatever server you used.

V4 on are GUI, i.e. Application 10.7 is written in Forms V4.5. If you haven;t already I'm sure you'll be upgrading soon, if only for Y2K compliance as I'm assured you need 10.7 up for that. I've not personally seen V5 so can't vouch.

--
Alan D. Mills

azhan98_at_tm.net.my wrote in message <733i1a$ad3$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Hi again,
>
>Also it requires a form server by itself.The question is, previously, what
>tools that Oracle use to develop the character mode type user interface ?
Is