ODBC

From: Julian Mitchell <jmitchell_at_stl-systems.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 15:20:28 -0000

Although I am not an ORACLE programmer, I am a FoxPro programmer who has to help write an interface with a colleagues Oracle DB.

We initially decided that it would be cost effective, (and probably easier), for him to connect to FoxPro interface tables rather than the other way around.

This was achieved quite simply, but now he says that in order to interact with my tables his oracle program must first disconnect from his own huge database, then reconnect after he's finished with the connection to the VFP table!!

Is this correct, or is he possibly missing something simple?

In VFP I can connect to a whole host of different datasources without having to disconnect from the native VFP tables.

Any comments gratefully received

Thank you

Julian Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 09:20:28 CST